8 Week Memoir Writing Intensive
Deep dive into the process of memoir writing, and be mentored on intricacies of theme, plot, narrative structure, character, setting, and style in non-fiction memoir.
Takeaways for Participants
- Familiarity and understanding of literary genres, styles of writing, and the particular characteristics of memoir writing
- Directed reading and critique of a rich and diverse reading list in class and their use as a learning resource
- Working with mentors and course cohort on a selected piece of work over the 8 weeks, covering all elements of creative writing like the theme, plot, characters, setting and style, and structure.
- Immersion in and practice with somatic, sensorial, and observational exercises
- Recognising personal patterns of creative flow and obstacles, discipline and distractions
- Sense of validation by overtly accepting and honouring the reading and writing aspects of our life.
Who Should Join
Serious, committed, and enthusiastic writers who would like to challenge themselves to the next level and focus on specific writing goals related to memoir writing.
A screening is held for place in this course, based on the writing samples submitted by potential participants.