An 8-week sustained writing practice course with intensive mentoring on a selected writing project or book idea.
Takeaways for Participants
- Familiarity with and understanding of literary genres, and elements of creative writing
- Directed reading and critique of a rich and diverse reading list in class and their use as learning resources
- Working with mentors and course cohort on a selected piece of work over the 8 weeks, covering all elements of creative writing like the theme, plot, characters, setting, style, and structure.
- Immersion in and practice with somatic, sensorial, and observational exercises
- Recognising personal patterns of creative flow and overcoming obstacles like discipline and distractions
- Sense of validation by overtly accepting and honouring the reading and writing aspects of our life
Who Should Join
Serious, committed, enthusiastic writers who would like to challenge themselves and move to the next level with a focus on specific writing goals or projects.
There is a selection process for this course that is based on the writing samples submitted by potential participants.